Friday, January 23, 2009

Rock Rock, Planet Rock...

Check it out! My friend Nicole drew this comic for me. Click on it for a larger version. Go ahead, don't be afraid, click it!

I'm feeling so much support and love from folks. Even if the Planet never caves and I never get my job back, and we're not able to get other people's jobs back, maybe we can at least make things better for those who are still there. Like forcing the store manager to receive some sort of anger management counseling or force them to abide by federal labor laws and pay employees for all hours worked. Maybe raise the base pay back up to where it was before the seven or eight of us were "laid off" and replaced by younger workers who are apparently being paid far less than we were.

I'm feeling pretty hopeful right now. I have a couple of good leads on possible jobs. And I still plan on fighting the Planet even if I get another job. Something I keep hearing is that the goal of any good Wobbly is to leave the workplace a better place to be for the next worker who takes your place. Damn right. It's not just about me and how I was screwed over. It's about all of us. It's about making sure the boss knows that they can't treat people like shit without consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment